Sunday, May 19, 2013
How to Change the Oil in a 2007 Mercedes
1. Apply the parking brake on your 2007 Mercedes. Place the jack under the frame of the front end of the vehicle. Raise the vehicle so you can slide jack stands under each side behind the wheels. Lower the car onto the stands.
2. Slide underneath your car and locate the oil pan, which is near the front of the car in the center. Place the drain pan under the pan plug. Remove the oil pan plug and allow all the old oil to drain out. Wipe off any excess oil from the opening, and replace the pan plug tightly.
3. Locate the oil filter, which is underneath and on the side of the engine. Use the oil filter wrench to unscrew and remove the old filter. Place the filter open-side down into the drain pan. Use the rag to wipe off the filter port opening. Screw in the new oil filter. Use the filter wrench to secure it in place. It should be tight enough that it cannot be loosened by hand.
4. Slide out from under the car. Jack up the car, and pull out the jack stands. Release the jack to bring the vehicle back to level ground. Open the drivers side door, and pull the hood release lever under the dash near the floor to open the hood.
5. Open the hood and locate the Engine Oil port, which is near the front of the engine and next to the dipstick. Unscrew and remove the cap. Insert the funnel, and pour in the new oil. Replace the Engine Oil cap. Pull out the dipstick and wipe off the end with the rag. Reinsert the dipstick, and pull it out a second time. Examine the end of the stick to make sure the oil level reaches the Full mark. If it does not, add oil and recheck.